Iason Android Application
The goal of this application is to strengthen invasive-species monitoring efforts in Black Sea deltaic ecosystems by enlisting help from citizens. The web and smartphone based approach enables volunteers to identify and collect data on invasive species, with little or no hands-on training. By taking advantage of the increasing number of people equipped with Android or digital camera/web technology, this approach will expand the scope of invasive-species monitoring.
Specifically, the application allows recording of invasive species occurence by using citizen phone's GPS System and Cameras, provides information about a selected number of IAS (description, pictures, display of presence). It also gives access to researchers to complete species assessment protocols
Submit Species Observations
Any user of the application can submit the Species that he/she observed thru an interative interface and use maps in order to add the exact coordinates.
Submit Assessment Protocols
Researchers of IASON Project can submit assessment protocols about species.
View observed species on Map
Any user of this application can view live on map all the species that have been observed from all the users.
Before installing an app using an APK file other than Google Play Store, we have to ensure that our Android phone settings are enabled to install third-party apps. It can be checked under the "Security" tab or the Setting menu. Generally, this option says install from unknown sources or allows third-party installations. However, the newer Android versions of phones are a little more different.
For Android 8 and above:
The option (Settings) may slightly differ based on the device version or device model.
On non-Samsung devices:
- 1. Launch your device's Settings
- 2. Tap on the security (& privacy)
- 3. Under the APP INSTALLATION section, click on Unknown source installations
- 4. Select your preferred browser (such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) using which you want to download the APK file.
- 5. Enable the toggle button that allows app installs.
On Samsung devices:
- 1. Launch your phone's Settings
- 2. Go to Biometrics and security and tap on the Install unknown apps
- 3. Select your preferred browser (Samsung Internet, Chrome or Firefox) using which you want to download the APK file.
- 4. Enable the toggle to installs apps.
For versions earlier than Android 8:
- 1. Launch the device's Settings
- 2. Tap on the Security.
- 3. Under the Device administration section, toggle the Unknown sources